Lori Beattie, Legal Search Consultant
Getting to know Lori Beattie,
Legal Search Consultant
1. Where are you from?
2. Why did you move into recruitment?
I was curious to use my law degree and experience working in law firms in a different way that offered me more interaction with people.
3. Favourite thing about your job?
Being involved in a candidate’s excitement for the next step in their career.
4. Best piece of advice to give to lawyers looking for a job?
Be open to opportunities even if they aren’t what you planned, you never know where they might take you.
5. Favourite restaurant in Sydney?
Chin Chin in Surry Hills.
6. Best place you ever visited/favourite holiday location?
I love to travel so I wouldn’t be able to pick just one. My top three would be: Italy, Indonesia and Mozambique.
7. What do you like most about working for Sonder Consultants?
Being able to use my own ideas and contribute to the growth of the business.
8. Biggest inspiration/role model (dead or alive)?
My older brother – he is the most hard-working and dedicated person I have ever met!
9. Favourite book/film?
10. If you were marooned on a desert island, what one item would you bring with you?
11. If you were president for a day, what would you change in the world?
More public holidays.
12. Favourite interview question to ask?
I like the open-ended “tell me about yourself” because it allows me to get a sense of what the candidate sees as their important achievements and characteristics.
13. Biggest interview faux pas?
14. If you could invite absolutely anyone to a private dinner party with 4 guests, who would you invite?
Louis Theroux – for his stories.
William & Kate – because I like the young royals.
Bruno Mars – hoping he would give us a few songs after dinner!
“We should all dream, share our dreams, then go out and make them happen.”