Legal CV Advice
Your CV is the first chance you have to impress. Don’t be another number in the pile. Make it count and make it stand out with guidance from our consultants. For more personalised advice, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Your CV has impressed and you have secured that all-important interview, now the hard work really starts. Be it in person, or more likely in today’s climate, via video, now is the time to really do your research, establish exactly what the firm is looking for and sell your strengths. Gather advice and interview tips from our legal consultants in the guides below.
- Legal Interview Tips
- Selling Your Strengths
- How to Ace a Video Interview
Keeping Your Career on Track Through COVID
As we continue to navigate through uncertain times, for some, keeping your legal career on track could be a challenge. Now is your opportunity to reset, think about what you really want and push forward. Discover top advice from our consultants in the articles below.
- How the Pandemic Could Mark the Chance for a Fresh Start
- The One Mindset to Get You Ahead in Your Career
Remote Working & Wellbeing
Remote working is something we are all learning to embrace. Fortunately, it has presented many opportunities and changed the way we work perhaps, forever. For some, however, it still presents its challenges. Read these tips to stay productive and keep a healthy work/life balance.
- 6 Tips on Working Productively from Home
- How to Hold a Successful Video Conference
- Five Goals Setting Tips
- Making Ourselves a Priority
Make the Move
Do you want to progress your career in a new city, be it national, international or offshore? Gather advice below to help you make an informed decision based on your skills and lifestyle.
- The Draw of Working Offshore: Top 5 Factors
- Video: Thoughts on lawyers doing a stint overseas?
- When is the right time to make a move overseas?
- What will overseas legal markets will look like for New Zealand qualified lawyers in the near future?
- Working as a Lawyer in London
- Life as an In-House Lawyer
- Working as a Lawyer in Sydney
Advice for Graduates
If you are a recently qualified lawyer and need some advice on the next steps to take in your career read these articles and get in touch for some tips and guidance.
- You are a Junior Lawyer with Ambitions to Work In-House: What Next?
- Advice for the Newly Qualified Lawyer
- Social Media for Lawyers
Qualifying as a Lawyer Overseas
Interested in qualifying as a lawyer in the UK or the US? Use this information below to guide you on the journey.
- Key changes to qualifying as a lawyer in London: QLTS vs SQE
- 2021 step-by-step guide on applying for and sitting the New York bar as a foreign lawyer
To gather the very latest market intel and salary information, request a copy of our new Market Guides. Including, Australia, In-House, Offshore and London.
The Sonder Podcast
If you are a recently qualified lawyer and need some advice on the next steps to take in your career, find out more here, or get in touch with our team and we’ll be happy to help.
Ready to take the next steps?
Get in touch.
Lvl 24, Tower 3, International Towers Sydney
300 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo NSW 2000
t +61 2 8277 4511
20, St Dunstan's Hill, EC3R 8HL
t +44 789 111 7331
New York Office:
Chrysler Building, 405 Lexington Ave,
26th Floor, Manhattan, NY 10174
t +1 347 560 5188
19th Floor, City National Plaza
515 Flower St, Los Angeles, CA 90071
t +1 917 847 1874